Simple Life

Life journey of an introvert


News Update : Guitars Day

All rightee, let me bring you some updates from Guitars Day trip.

First station was
Sinamex which located at Paradiz Centre. My intention was to check out the Timothys and Taylors. Went in there, saw quite a number of Simon & Patrick guitars. Just briefly browsed through and then walked to the next row. Ah ha, finally noticed the Timothys. I was actually trying to find this model, but sadly to say it ran out of materials and therefore it's not available at the moment. This is the only model they have at the moment.









Timothy S10J












Anyhow, I took one of them down and sat down on the chair to do my personal review. The minute I strumbed a 'G' chord, I was like "Wow! This is really something". This handmade, medium Jumbo, using solid Sitka Spruce top, solid Ovangkol back & sides, Wood Rosette, Fishman Prefix pickup system and Taylor recommended Elixir strings just blew me away. No doubt it is a quality guitar and can never lose to any branded guitars in the world. Say, don't underestimate this Vietnam-made guitar. Too bad there's no Taylor 414ce (Ovangkol) available for me to make an comparison, otherwise it should be a good "Battle of the Ovangkols". For the price of S$1,500 (RM3,360), this guitar is definitely worth considering for beginners and intermediates. Thumbs up to S10J! Check out more reviews over here.

Too bad for the Taylors, only left a few as most of them have sold off. I've tried the 510ce and 814ce. 510ce has low actions, nice tone from the solid Mahagony body. 814ce's solid Indian Rosewood produces a unique tone which is so irresistable, but too ex to afford. Had a chat with the boss. He mentioned that the next shipment of Taylors will be in 2 weeks time. Wondering whether I should pay a visit again or not. Hmm..

After Sinamex, the next station was this music cum sports store at Bras Basah Complex, which was located opposite the Raffles Hotel at North Beach Rd. I was particular checking out the Larrivees at this store. Went inside, my eyes was browsing around the brands until I finally noticed this model. As usual I took it down and had a test of it. Gosh, the strings are so hard to press. Didn't have a good feeling on struming the strings. The tone was not as good as I expected. I hate to say this, this guitar store never takes care of the instruments. Bet this guitar has been hanging there for quite so time without even taken care of. I'm really sad to see that, at the same time very disappointed on their way of taking care the instruments. I really hope that Larrivee will start to control their distributors tightly, making sure these people maintain the guitars well.

Oh well.. after checking out so many guitar brands, the guitar of the day has to be the one from the picture above. Hats off to this guitar.

Am going to Comex tomorrow. Anyone wants to join me?




Simple Life is powered by Blogger. Template by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.