Simple Life

Life journey of an introvert


Review on Taylor GS

It's been two weeks since I last blogged. As usual I will not blog unless I have something in mind or any inspiration which I feel like writing somewhere. Currently I'm on a week's leave from work and also away from the Lion City. It's good to be back to a slower pace city compared to a faster pace country. I definitely need a break from work. This is exactly the moment what I'm longing for since two months ago. Woohoo!!

Last Monday I went to Sinamex to purchase some guitar strings on behalf of my buddy. The purple pack guitar strings which I've seen my buddy bought before prompted me to go straight ahead and grab six packs, and then to the counter to pay for the strings since I have no reason to stay there long as there weren't many Taylors I can try out (they are waiting for this month's stock to arrive). I went back home and informed him about it. Never did I noticed that I purchased the wrong strings. In fact, all six packs are not able to use on his 514ce (Came with standard light gauge and MUST use the same one, otherwise the guitar will snap). I quickly took out the receipt and noticed at the right bottom of the paper which written "Goods are not refundable and not replacable". But somehow I called them right away and they said can change for me. Phew.. So the next day I went back and got it changed, and guess what I saw before I left the shop? New Taylors!! Apparently their stocks have just arrived. That's not all, the newly launch Taylor GS has also arrived. Finally I got a chance to test it out. Hehe... I must say I did a foolish, innocent decision to buy the wrong strings, came back the next day and got a rare chance to be the first person at Sinamex to test out the GS. *grin*

*Suddenly I realised that I'm so melancholiq today.*

There are three GSs available and I've tested all of them. Rosewood / Cedar, Rosewood / Spruce and Maple / Spruce. Just thought of share my reviews on these guitars. Basically the biggest difference is that GS sounds louder and rounder compared to any other Taylors. I took the Rosewood / Cedar first because I've heard so much good reviews on this and also a big fan of rosewood. To my opinion the sound is a bit bassie and muffle, doesn't have the clear-cut sound that I'm expected for it. Next was Rosewood / Spruce. Overall I liked it very much because it has a very balanced sound, both bass and treble. Louder than the R/C. I just can't stop playing on it thinking by far this would be my favourite. Lastly Maple / Spruce. I don't know why it's heavier than the other GSs (could be it's maple), anyhow it has a good sound with no sustain (good for studio recording), but not as loud and rounded as compared to R/C and R/S. So my final choice would be Rosewood / Spruce. No doubt my favourite GS so far. All came with ES pickups and cost S$3850 each. Very good price for the rosewood models. But sad to say I still cannot afford to buy. Maybe I should wait for another two years?

I'm glad that I've tested out the Grand Symphony, and I definitely wish to get one in the near future.

Time to play with my buddy's furkids. Later.




Simple Life is powered by Blogger. Template by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.