Simple Life

Life journey of an introvert


Hi people. Apologize for the late update. Been concentrating a lot on work, hence feeling so tired and energy-less after a long day at office. But anyhow, I'm here again. And I will try to update as much as I can, as often as I can.

It has been 3 weeks since operation started. As of this date, I've handled more than 200 calls already. Among them, some good calls as in it's easy to handle and can be settled in no time. Others like troublesome, annoying, irritating calls and etc. You don't want to know man. Some of the customers are so computer illiterate that they called us to provide them basic computer knowledge. For example, this customer asked me the functions of every keys on the keyboard, and she claimed that she deserved to be taught because she has purchased Toshiba laptop, so it's our responsibility to teach users how to use their product. I mean yes, every product does comes with a user manual so that user can learn how to use a product, which I doubt many users are doing that nowadays. But for computer products, at least a user must obtain a certain level of computer knowledge. And this lady has 0% in this area, and she said she paid so much money on this laptop, therefore she deserved our service by teaching her how to use Microsoft Windows XP. Imagine she asked me this question, "What is the function of the Start button in Windows?" Gosh!!

Besides all those interesting calls that I've handled, some of you might not know that I'm working 6 days a week; my off days, break time, lunch hour are arranged according to the schedule. It will be changed every 2 weeks, meaning to say if starting this week my off day is on Monday, in 2 weeks time it will change to Tuesday, another 2 weeks Wednesday, and so forth. So in summary, my working schedule is not flexible. Most of the time I have to work on weekends. And my working hours starts from 7am to 3.30pm. So have to wake up at 5 plus in the morning. A lot of adjustment to make, but I trust God for His purpose and faithfulness in me. He will keep me strong, He will guide me in everything I do.

Just got my first pay few days ago. And I'm happy that I'm able to use it wisely according to my monthly budget which I've worked out. I guess the exciting part is about giving 10%. I know it's not a small sum; it's painful to give away so much. But hey, it is not belong to me, it's God. So it's my responsibility to take out this portion of money first from the pay, and not giving the leftovers. But the most exciting part is about giving some portion of my savings to someone else in this world who is poor and has needs that are not met. Maybe some of you might be thinking I'm earning big bucks now, able to spend money easily. Well, you are wrong then. I only get to save a bit every month, because there are people who needs more than me. They need our help. And I'm willing to give, I'm willing to scarifice, without asking for any reward back. I trust God to provide me what I need. I don't need to worry about tomorrow, because He knows what to do. Amen? :)

Just a random thought. Recently Live 8 concerts have been organised throughout the world in order to prevent poverty in Africa. Do you think by having concerts, having world class musicians and well known artists to perform on stage will help Africa?

Luther Vandross passed away last week after 2 years of battling with his illness. One of my favourite soul singer. His well known songs such as "Here and Now", "So Amazing", "Dance with my Father" and a duet with Mariah Carey "Endless Love". Will miss his voice definitely.

Ok. That's all for now. Roger and out.




Simple Life is powered by Blogger. Template by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.