Simple Life

Life journey of an introvert


« Home | First timer »

Fingers Crossed

Hmm.. someone commented that my first post was too strong, too serious, and too challenged. Who knows I might have scared my readers away. But don't worry, I'm not a totally serious person by nature. I like to make some crappy jokes too. "Hehe..." See? Not funny right? Anyway, I hope you do like my blog. Thanks to why, yarn and scmay for the lovely tag messages. Appreciate that.

The 3rd theme from the American Idol 4 live stage performance was Broadway Musical. I've watched the performance show. Honestly speaking, it wasn't that good. Because it's not easy to sing a song that is originated from any musical performance background. Even Simon Cowell told the host to drop this theme and never use it again for the upcoming competition. One of the contestants was a self-confessed Rocker. Before he came out to sing, he said: "This is my first time singing a song from a Musical, so I've chosen this song from this "anonymous" Musical and fingers crossed"...

There are many difficulties in life we have to face. One of it is the difficulty of "Uncertainty". Normally this occurs when something unknown that is happening to human for the time being and there is no certain answer to settle with. Therefore, most of us will fell uneasy because of the "question mark" has not been changed to "full stop". I guess in life, people just cannot settle with question marks. If there's a way to change to full stops, they are willing to do anything, anywhere, anytime to make sure they are able to clear this doubt.

I'm going through a period of "Fingers crossing". It is a fact of life. People can live without going through it are those who can control their lives well. As for me, I'm living a life that is given by someone. Therefore, I have no right to control my life with my own standard of living, until I have found my purpose of life! He wants me to know there are many uncertainties in life we have to face. So it's either to embrace it or to solve it? My decision : Embrace it. It's tough. Questions like "Where will I be working? What if I work there? How is my life going to be in the next few years?" always floating inside my mind without trying to solve it myself. I guess by learning how to embrace "fingers crossing" would be a great advantage for me, unlike other people who "die die don't want to face the fact". Hehe... (That's a chinese translated term)

Few weeks ago I've decided to focus my job application in Singapore rather than in KL. Some people would think I'm crazy because it's hard to get a job in S'pore, furthermore I'm neither a Singaporean nor PR. Other people would say I'm too money minded because of the high currency rate. Let me tell you, neither one are correct. My decision has been much influenced by "embracing uncertainty". I've expected this would caused me to stay jobless for at least another 6 months. But yet because of His "Nothing is impossible" term that led me to this path. At the end of the day, it's all about obedience. Since then I have not recieved any calls for an interview session despite sending more than 50 applications. But surprisingly, I've recieved 2 phone calls for the past 2 days from S'pore asking me to attend interview. I wonder is that a hint from somewhere? Obedience??

"Harry Potter was given a train ticket to Hogwarts. However he has to find the unknown platform which apparently cannot be found at the station. I've been given 2 train tickets. This time the platform can be found at the station, but I can only choose one ticket, one known destination and another unknown destination." The opportunity is right in front of our eyes. But which ticket will you choose? A journey of certainty or a journey of uncertainty?




Simple Life is powered by Blogger. Template by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.