Simple Life

Life journey of an introvert


« Home

First timer

Finally, I've decided to start my own blog; thanks to the much persuasion from my best friend, and my "HSBC Public Speaking Competition 2005 - First runners-up" friend, who had given me some advise on how to start blogging. Am feeling happy and excited. Well, the purpose of setting up this blog is to jot down events that are happening throughout my life journey. Unlike other blogs, this one brings out a person's thoughts who himself wants to live a fruitful 'ONE' life. However, he knows that the journey of getting there is not going to be a smooth sailing one. In fact, it's going to be rough, tough and painful. Yes! This fellow is Me. It would be a long, adventurous journey. But it's gonna be very exciting.

All rite, first and foremost; an introduction. My name is Benjamin. Going to be 23 this year. Unmarried. I live with my wonderful parents, my 4 years younger brother, and my almost 80 years old grandmother in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. I have just finished my Bachelor of IT degree course in Queensland University of Technology, Australia end of last year. Still faithfully surfing on Jobstreet & Jobdb websites everyday. And of course, be a good grandson by staying home most of the time (granny took care of me since I was borned). Finally, my religion : Christian

Since young, I used to serve actively in church. It all began with music which led me to the worship ministry. I started from a percussionist, standby drummer and then settled with a bass guitar. As I'm the only bassist in the church, I partically played every week unfailingly. I'm also part of the core leaders and cell group leader in youth ministry. Besides in church, I'm also a Boys' Brigade member for 12 years; from a mischievous, active young kid until a Sergeant who has to learn to be a good leader to the members and to the company. As you can see, this was my life as an teenager. Always busy in studies, church, curriculum activities, etc. But now, I realised that it's time for me to make a immediate stop from all these works and allow God to re-design my life in his own way. "As my life is not mine, but His!"

At the moment, I'm going through a life of "nothingless". In order for God to stir me up, I have to empty myself, having a mindset of "zero percent controlling my life" as the very first task to do. It's not that hard for me to go through this, firstly because I just came back 2 months ago and still floating around. Some leaders have approached me to go back and serve. I've kindly rejected their request because of this. Some worse cases, I have friends who are struggling of going through this process; having to leave everything behind and move on, even relationships! Just like when Jesus approached Peter and Andrew, they left their work and followed Him. Sounds easy? I don't think so.

How will you feel when someone approach you and say: "Stop everything and Follow me."? You might be asking him "who are you", or "why should I follow you". What if God approach you? Will you be asking Him the same question, or trying to negotiate a deal so that both parties are happy with it. I don't think God is willing to negotiate this deal, but He gave us something called choice. At the end of the day, there's always a decision to make. I've made my choice. What would your choice be?

God has a plan for everyone. And He wants to give us as a gift. But this gift doesn't come to us easily. Somehow we have to pay a price for the plan; a very high price in fact. As for me, I'm willing to pay for it. What about you? Would you want to "odyssey" with me? As if you do, are you willing to pay the price? Think about it. It's a once-in-the-lifetime opportunity!




Simple Life is powered by Blogger. Template by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.